Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Do you love to clean?

I don't. I love a clean house but the process of getting it there, not so much.

I'm also kind of a cleaning slob. If I wore an article of clothing to clean in, there is a good chance said clothing will have a bleach spot somewhere. Yes. I have sweatshirts, t-shirts, jeans and sweats all sporting white and/or miscolored spots enhancing their look. (Also, anything I have ever painted in: total history)

Today I had my first experience in Green Cleaning. Somewhere in my travels on the information superhighway I ran into a blog by the Green Cleaning Coach Leslie Reichert. She also has a book called The Joy of Green Cleaning that I got for just a few dollars on Kindle.

With just a little lemon juice, vinegar and Borax I got rid of the grime and pink mildew that seem to appear in my bathroom the day after I clean. And... even though I (of course) got some on my shirt, it washed right out!
Check out her blog and cough up a few bucks for the book, it's worth it. Who knows I might actually remove all cleaning chemicals from my house!

And, it might just prove to be the saving grace for my wardrobe!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! That's really interesting -- sometimes I wish you were around when my refrigerator is crying! You are really goood -- keep saying that!! Lv u

Twisted Fencepost said...

No, I don't like to clean, mostly because it gets messed up almost as fast as cleaned up. Drives me nuts.
I haven't started on the green cleaning stuff yet, but I just made my own fabric softener and will be making my own laundry detergent as soon as the washing soda arrives. It will be much cheaper than store bought, I only hope it works as well. I have high hopes!

Jenny-Jenny said...

Oh Mom, why is it more fun to clean your fridge than mine? Maybe something to do with serving a friend...

Becky, you should take a look at this book. She has some great methods for the whole house!

Gazz said...

Great cleaning tips.

shopping said...

your site is too good i have learn new things from ur site very good keep it up
http://newpaypalboosters.blogspot.in